1. Anyone can submit an idea through this website or in person at Bureau of Urban Living. Submissions are due Monday, September 12, 2011, 5:00 pm EST.
2. A submission consists of a written description submitted through our online form or on paper at Bureau of Urban Living. Photographs, sketches or renderings to illustrate your idea are encouraged, but not required. Anyone can email up to three (3) images per submission (jpg format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Mind the Gap" in the subject line and make sure to include your name and any image credits.
3. Your proposed site must be located in the City of Detroit. You need not have control of the site, just a description of its location. In some cases (where the site ownership is clear), we may attempt to connect you to the property owner or stakeholder to make them aware of your idea.
4. Submissions will be reviewed by a jury, and a $100 cash prize will be awarded to the best idea. The winner will be notified by email. A selection of ideas will be displayed and published during Detroit Design Festival (September 21-28).
5. Mind the Gap reserves the right to print, publish and distribute any submissions received. It is the responsibility of the entrant to credit his/her ideas and images appropriately. If an idea is inspired by another space or place, please note that. Precedents and examples are welcome as long as the source is cited.
6. Please note: Mind the Gap is an IDEAS competition, not an RFP for design or construction. The purpose of this project is to generate creative ideas for inspiration and discussion, not to implement the ideas through actual installation. For submissions that identify a clear property owner or stakeholder, we may try to facilitate a connection. But there is no guarantee that a project idea will receive the rights or resources required for implementation.